First Aid & CPR Safety Training
Looking for first aid & CPR training? Our First Aid & CPR Training has been updated to meet the CAN/CSA B3252 Standards (see below for more information). We’ve been providing First Aid & CPR training solutions for individuals, safety managers, and business owners for over 15 years. This course was built by professional safety trainers to meet and exceed the safety training and compliance standards set by the Canadian regulating bodies.
Standards Covered in this Training:
As standards change we update our training so you always know you are up to date on current standards.
- SOR/86-304, 16.1 – First Aid
- SOR/86-304, 16.2 – General
- SOR/86-304, 16.3 – First Aid Attendants
- SOR/86-304, 16.5 – First Aid Stations
- SOR/86-304, 16.6 – Communication of Information
- SOR/86-304, 16.7 – First Aid Supplies and Equipment
- SOR/86-304, 16.9 – First Aid Rooms
- SOR/86-304, 16.11 – Transportation
- SOR/86-304, 16.12 – Teaching First Aid
- SOR/86-304, 16.13 – Records
In line with the standards listed above, many industries require employees to be trained in first aid and basic CPR to ensure that individuals receive life-saving treatment in the event of an emergency.
When it comes to refresher training, the standard in some instances are very specific: operators must be re-evaluated every three years to see if they are still competent to operate the equipment. Best practices say to apply this same rule to all types of equipment. A so-called “free-pass” cannot be awarded based on experience, age, or time on the job. The extent of the evaluation is to be determined by the employer but should include a written and practical examination that proves continued competency.