Lawnmower Safety Training
Looking for lawnmower training? Our Lawnmower Training has been updated to meet the CAN/CSA-M11684-97 Standards (see below for more information). We’ve been providing lawnmower training solutions for individuals, safety managers, and business owners for over 15 years. This course was built by professional safety trainers to meet and exceed the safety training and compliance standards set by the Canadian regulating bodies.
Standards Covered in this Training:
As standards change we update our training so you always know you are up to date on current standards.
- CAN/CSA-M11684-97 – Tractors, Machinery for Agriculture and Forestry, Powered Lawn and Garden Equipment
- CAN/CSA Z94.3-07 – Eye and Face Protectors
- CAN/CSA Z94.1 – Protective Headwear.
- CAN/CSA Z195-09 – Protective Footwear
- CAN/CSA Z94.2.02 – Hearing Protection Devices (Performance Selection, Care and Use)
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 NO. 62841-1:15 – Electric motor-operated hand-held tools, transportable tools, lawn, and garden machinery
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 NO. 62841-2-8:16 – Electric motor-operated hand-held tools, transportable tools, lawn, and garden machinery – Safety – Part 2-8: Particular requirements for hand-held shears
In line with regulations, anyone who operates heavy equipment must receive training prior to operating the machine on their own. Requirements for refresher training related to forklifts or other processes are very specific. Most other equipment doesn’t have such specific requirements, but it’s wise to follow the same guidelines.
When it comes to refresher training, the standards in some instances (like forklifts) are very specific: operators must be re-evaluated every three years to see if they are still competent to operate the equipment. Best practices say to apply this same rule to all types of equipment. A so-called “free-pass”