Snowplow Safety Training
Looking for snowplow training? Our Snowplow Training has been updated to meet the CAN/CSA B352 Standards (see below for more information). We’ve been providing snowplow training solutions for individuals, safety managers, and business owners for over 15 years. This course was built by professional safety trainers to meet and exceed the safety training and compliance standards set by the Canadian regulating bodies.
Standards Covered in this Training:
As standards change we update our training so you always know you are up to date on current standards.
- CSA-B352.0-09 – ROPES, FOPS (General Mobile Equipment)
- CSA Z1001 – Occupational Health & Safety Training
- CSA Z94.3.1-16 – Guideline for selection, use and care of eye and face protectors
- CSA Z96-15 – High Visibility Apparel
- CSA Z617-06 – PPE
- Canada Labour Code Part II – Employer and Employee Duties
Province Specific Standards:
- B.C. – OHS Part 13, Ladders, Scaffolds, Temp Work Platforms
- Alberta – OHS Code Part 8, Entrances, Walkways, Stairways, Ladders
- Manitoba – Workplace Safety & Health Regs, 217/2006 Part 13
- Nova Scotia – Occupational Safety General Regs Part 13.147, Ladders
- New Brunswick – OHS Act, Part 11, Temporary Structures
In line with regulations, anyone who operates heavy equipment must receive training prior to operating the machine on their own. Requirements for refresher training related to forklifts or other processes are very specific. Most other equipment doesn’t have such specific requirements, but it’s wise to follow the same guidelines.
When it comes to refresher training, the standards in some instances (like forklifts) are very specific: operators must be re-evaluated every three years to see if they are still competent to operate the equipment. Best practices say to apply this same rule to all types of equipment. A so-called “free-pass” cannot be awarded based on experience, age, or time on the job. The extent of the evaluation is to be determined by the employer but should include a written and practical examination that proves continued competency.