Vacuum Truck Safety Training
Looking for vacuum truck training? Our Vacuum Truck Training has been updated to meet the CAN/CSA Z94.2 Standards (see below for more information). We’ve been providing vacuum truck training solutions for individuals, safety managers, and business owners for over 15 years. This course was built by professional safety trainers to meet and exceed the safety training and compliance standards set by the Canadian regulating bodies.
Standards Covered in this Training:
As standards change we update our training so you always know you are up to date on current standards.
- CSA Standard Z94.2.02 – Hearing Protection Devices (Performance Selection, Care and Use)
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 – Framework for pollution prevention
- OHS: 23.22,16.4, 16.5, 17.2.2 – Must be trained and certified as driver if GODI or oilfield hauler
- WC Act: 115 (2)(e) – Maintain Logbooks
- OHS: 16.34(1-3), 4.9 (1-3) – Must conduct pre-shift inspection
- OHS: 8.2, 8.4, 5.48 PPE – Requirements
- ETS: 4.81, 17.11 (3) – No Smoking in vehicle
- OHS: 4.3(2), 4,5 – Operators manual must be available
- OHS: 3.23 – Driver orientation by employer and worksite orientation
- OSH: 16.33(1) – Seatbelts must be available and worn
In line with regulations, anyone who works with vacuum trucks must receive training prior to working on their own. Requirements for refresher training related to forklifts or other processes are very specific. Most other equipment doesn’t have such specific requirements, but it’s wise to follow the same guidelines.
When it comes to refresher training, the standards in some instances (like forklifts) are very specific: operators must be re-evaluated every three years to see if they are still competent to operate the equipment. Best practices say to apply this same rule to all types of equipment. A so-called “free-pass” cannot be awarded based on experience, age, or time on the job. The extent of the evaluation is to be determined by the employer but should include a written and practical examination that proves continued competency.